Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

Thrift and consignment stores are my weakness. Like most women I get that "high" from buying anything. When thrifting that "high" seems more deserving. I mean shouldn't my husband be happy that I got something for a third of its normal price? And the rewarding feeling that over takes me when I search through racks and racks of clothes until Ah HA! I find the perfect article of clothing.

Monday, before a client consultation, my husband sent me out to do errands for his restaurant. I can't lie when I say I was hiding my excitement when he told me I had to go to Ikea for him. Now I hate Ikea, not hate, just the store is so overwhelming. However, I love Ikea when it sits only a five minute drive from one of my favorite thrift store gems in the DC area.

Before entering the doors of any thrift store GO IN WITH A PLAN! If not you will end up with mindless t-shirts that you will never wear again and end up on the floor of your closet. My plan was to find a jacket for spring. Lucky me - after only moments, stuck way in the back I found an adorable black trench coat that fit me perfectly! Price you ask? $12.90, with a small discount, I ended up paying $9.20.

When I got home I decided to google how much this jacket actually cost. I found that originally price it was still a bargain at $39.99 on Overstock.com, but all together I had saved $30.79 (NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING)!

Not only did I save money, but I also bought what is considered an essential piece of clothing for every woman!

Want more information on thrifting or where I think the best thrift stores are? Email me at chicdc202@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment