Sunday, February 27, 2011

DVF + Vintage Inspiration = HEAVEN

I remember a professor in College in NYC told me there were designers in fashion that changed lives. I remember thinking even though I loved fashion that was ridiculous to think that "fashion" could actually change lives. Then I borrowed a dress from my roommate. That dress just happened to be a Diane von Furstenburg black wrap dress. Now we all know black flatters almost everyone, but this dress, this dress made me feel like a princess. That was the day I realized my professor was right. There are designers that change people's lives, and Diane von Furstenburg, is one of those designers.

In 1974, Diane von Furstenburg invented the wrap-dress. Besides the fact that this dress looks amazing on almost any body type, its also universal for any occasion (from day to night) or for any "job" of a woman (from board room to stay at home mom).

I have to admit, the idea for this post is stolen from Elizabeth at So Much To Smile About. Her post about the new DVF Vintage collection completely inspired me and made me fall in love with DVF all over again. February 28th, DVF will be debuting their new Diane Vintage Collection which will include wrap dresses in three different lengths, wrap blouses, and small leather goods all covered in the historic prints that once and continue to make her a staple in every woman's closet.


Three Different Lengths of the Wrap Dress, I love these prints!



More Diane Vintage Collection - Love!

Want to see more of the DVF collection click here

No comments:

Post a Comment