Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Being a Lady

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, then you aren't."
Margaret Thatcher

What most find out in the first five minutes of meeting me is how "Southern" I was raised. No, not the accent (at least anymore), more my old fashion ways. I was raised to be strong, powerful, love God and my family, always smile, never leave the house with out make up, to stand by your man, to always sit up straight, to be a lady.

In today's society people often think being a lady is "dumbing" down a woman, or to give in to old fashion traditions. I on the other hand completely disagree. A lady doesn't have to argue her way to the top, simply a smile will do. A lady doesn't do whatever her husband wants to do, instead she simply convinces  him in to think her original idea was his, just to get what she wants. A lady doesn't leave the house with out make up because she prides herself on looking her best. A lady sits up straight because she's proud to be a woman. A lady embodies class and elegance.
(I love to show off my "lady" in floral, and I'm dying over these driving gloves from TopShop)

I admire the lovely ladies in my life, all which are strong, amazing women making an impact on the world. What makes a you a lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment